Awan
Participant
  • Professional

Well even if you take out last 23 polling stations after 337 polling stations PMLN’s lead was merely 3k and they won this seat 2 years ago by 42k. PTI almost doubled their vote and PMLN merely retained theirs. Rigging or no rigging, win or no win PTI did very well in Daska constituency. Similarly in PP 51 PTI lost by 5.5k where as in 2018 PMLN won that seat by 33k. PTI is bridging gap in Punjab. Rigging charges are distractions, political ground in Punjab is shifting.

These are by-elections my friend and advantage of current government is more than anything else. It does not mean that people are with this party. PML-N won almost all election untill end in their government but still they lost general election.  people vote those who can help them solve their problems. They know that one constituency will not change anything but government member can help them in their gali/Mohala development as well as their individual problems. PML-N/IJI won all elections in my home constituency in Lahore. My brother with a larger group went to Hammad Azhar and presented their list of problems, Hammad Azhar promised to solve these issues. No one bothered to go to Mehar Ishtiaq of PML-N to get promises as it was clear that PTI will win. They all voted to PTI although they all were PTI supporters previously. PTI won that constituency comfortably.

arrow_upward DanishGardi