Anjaan
Participant
  • Professional
I will add further that no one happily pay tax therefore state has to collect by enforcing. Once public is enforced to pay tax then they expect that their tax is used whey want it to be in return. The laws are typically to train people until they make it a habit and accept it in their everyday life but some people need law to pay tax even if their prior ten generations are trained for that. I work for government and know first hand how much people cry for their tax to be used properly. Once this practice goes into decades to centuries then everyone is trained and very few need law to enforce it. In our country, there were three decade long marshal laws when we were fed by USA and no taxation system was ever made or practised. We are very new in tax collection and need strict penalties to make it acceptable in our society. People’s tax paid should be properly used that should be an expectation but no one should allow to escape from tax saying as my tax will go to corrupts, I am not paying tax. It will take years or even decades to develop a tax culture in our country.

I believe that public needs to be educated to say that Government (All governments) need income so that it can spend on public and the Government’s income is Taxes. Once this message gets through public will begin to pay taxes. The Government however, has to ensure that the tax system is a fair system.

We should never have been very new in tax collection. I remember that the collection system for salaries staff started back in 1968. Sales Tax has also been there for many many years. It is the FBR which for one reason or another does not perform

arrow_upward DanishGardi