Tomorrow’s Pakistan

Home Forums Non Siasi Tomorrow’s Pakistan Tomorrow’s Pakistan

Anjaan
Participant
  • Professional
  • Threads: 38
  • Total Posts: 1987

Re: Tomorrow’s Pakistan

Anjaan sahib Thanks for initiating this topic and for seeking my comments. In my opinion, today leads to what we see tomorrow so it is good time to start talking about tomorrow and also start doing something. Based on what I see today and the actions or lack of it, that I see, I think our tomorrow may not be as good as it should be. While I don’t know what is the definition of tomorrow for you, in my opinion, the following could help creating a better tomorrow:

1. Identify, agree and adopt on the identity of Pakistan and Pakistanis. I think we don’t have any identity or if we have, we have too many identities and perhaps many are not suitable for us.
  2. Decide on the government system that is more suited for us in short term and adopt it.
  3. Create a list of top priorities and pursue the priorities regardless of which political party governs the country.
  4. Decide if we want to become economic power or a military power. If we want to attain both, decide which we will aim first. I prefer becoming an economic power.
  5. Decide if we will remain non aligned or will be aligned with other geopolitical powers. If we want to be aligned, who are we going to be aligned with. I favour remaining non aligned.
  6. Make local bodies / municipalities more stronger, more responsible and more accountable.
  7. Implement political reforms (if required I can share my opinion on some potential reforms)
  8. Reform educations system and have single curriculum across the country. Every child regardless of the background gets same education.
  9. Focus on controlling population growth
  10. Focus on value added manufacturing and production
  11. Lower the difference significantly between wages of white collar and blue collar workers.
  12. Remove the disparity in the salaries of teachers, police, low lever administrative functions, essential service providers

These are the ones that came to my mind as I was writing. There are many others that could be added to the list

JMP Sahib

Many thanks for a detailed response. I will not be responding to all the points you have raised and you can raise more.

“There are many others that could be added to the list”

Indeed…Pakistan has multitudes of problems requiring multitudes of fixes.

While I don’t know what is the definition of tomorrow for you

Whist writing my original post, I thought that hopefully what I like will be achieved in 50 years’ time. So, Tomorrow’s Pakistan is what I like to see in 50 years. Because, the changes in today’s Pakistan cannot be brought about in a short span of time.

The Identity of Pakistan  in my opinion is well established and the identity of Pakistanis including overseas Pakistanis is as established by Nadra. Refinement can be introduced at a later stage.

Decide on the government system that is more suited for us in short term and adopt it.

I strongly recommend a “Technocratic” system.

Decide if we want to become economic power or a military power. If we want to attain both, decide which we will aim first. I prefer becoming an economic power.

I side with Economy but will be happy just to be economically self sufficient. Power will follow.

Reform educations system and have single curriculum across the country. Every child regardless of the background gets same education.

Agreed and the education for children should be free.

All other points raised are accepted.

Surprisingly you have not touched on the “Health”.

Reforms are desperately needed to ensure that children’s health is looked after as a priority and eventually free medical care is available to all.

I believe that a healthy and educated nation can achieve anything.

Navigation

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!