محترمہ نادان صاحبہ

Home Forums Non Siasi محترمہ نادان صاحبہ محترمہ نادان صاحبہ

Mujahid
Participant
  • Advanced
  • Threads: 6
  • Total Posts: 586

Re: محترمہ نادان صاحبہ

Mujahid sahib Thank you Sir for sharing your opinion. I appreciate it.

1. It was not my intention to highlight any particular person’s behaviour. The intention was to communicate to respected نادان sahiba that she should not get dejected nor should retreat into a cocoon, if the exchange of comments on topics related to politics and or religion, becomes bit heated and personal.
  2. I also tried to communicate that sometimes we fail to understand the motive or the intent of a person and often a written statement may not be properly understood and there is always a possibility that our understanding of one’s intent may be flawed as we have access only to a written statement.;
  3. Our own comments and statement may looks fine to us but the other readers may get offended and may react harshly.
  4. In my opinion alleging that someone is being shielded because of alleged friendship with the administrator, may not be a fact. I think the administrator has communicated many times, that he expects all of us to behave in a dignified manner. The administrator is not a big fan of punishing anyone and in my opinion he expects us to demonstrate that we can carry a debate in a dignified manner. Frankly, I don’t expect the administrator to be biased nor he has demonstrated it, as far as my observation and recollection of events is concerned. But this is my opinion only and could be as flawed and twisted as I am.
  5. I absolutely condemn becoming personal in a debate regardless of the topic. In my opinion, politics, politicians and for that matter any topic is not worth to get personal with anyone. I though also believe that unless I understand the motive behind a comment from anyone, I should give the benefit of doubt to the other party. If I see repeated behaviour, I try to not engage in debate with such personalities.

JP Sahib

Thank you for your comments.

My take is follows:

1. No one can or has the ability to know anyone’s intention. We can only go by what is in front of us in writing. To expect a member to understand another member’s intention and motives is to expect the member “Playing God”
  2. Forum rules (many a time re-affirmed by the Administrator) state that one is not allowed to be personal with anyone.
  3. There must be, and it is suggested in the rules, a sanction for the persistent offender. And the application of this sanction is within the powers and control of the Administrator.
  4. The Administrator has on this forum confessed that the reason he does not want to go the punishment route is because he is worried about losing members. Why have rules then?
  5. The Forum has already lost members because of unruly members who have openly used gali gloach and vulgar language. And the person in question has a track record.
  6. In your point No 1 you say   “It was not my intention to highlight any particular person’s behaviour. The intention was to communicate to respected نادان sahiba that she should not get dejected nor should retreat into a cocoon, if the exchange of comments on topics related to politics and or religion, becomes bit heated and personal.” I wish you had chosen to lecture the offender on the merits of good behavior instead.
  • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Mujahid.

Navigation

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!