Cricket World Cup 2019

Home Forums Sports Cricket World Cup 2019 Cricket World Cup 2019

Awan
Participant
  • Professional
  • Threads: 112
  • Total Posts: 2293

Re: Cricket World Cup 2019

Guys, it is World Cup final’s eve; any last minute predictions? I will stick to my earlier prediction of England. My earlier prediction of four semi-finalist has proved correct along with Pakistan being on five as well and let see if I was right about who will lift trophy. England’s confidence will be sky high and so will be New Zealanders but my analysis on both team are as under:

England:

Batting: Very strong batting line which extend to number 7 easily and may have some tail enders good as well but there were never required. Unlike India who heavily depends on first three, England’s number 4, 5, 6 & 7 got some opportunities and they have proved themselves effective as well. I have no doubt in my mind that England boys are the strongest batting line up in this world cup

Bowling: Not very strong bowling unit like India but have few outstanding bowlers in them as well. Jofra Archer has proved his worth and Chris Woakes was not far from him recently. Adil Rasheed was not able to keep up his reputation but in big match like final; he can be vital. Wood, Plunkett and Stokes all have capabilities to do well but it depends how they ball at the given day and how their opponents treat them.

New Zealand

Not as strong batting unit as Englnad but have few outstanding players at top likes of Kane Williamson, Guptill and Tayler. Easy formula for England; get couple of good guys ( Williamson and Guptill) cheaply and you have big in roads through their weak links. England middle and late order do not look that good on paper but they are true fighters.

Bowling

Tim Southee being in poor form Black Caps bowling units has one less great bowler in their unit. Bolt and Fergusan were outstanding in this competition and if New Zealand want to do good in final then both should come roaring from all cylinders. I don’t rate Santner too high but he was too good in semi-final; he can prove vital if England bats second. Two outstanding fast bowlers with not bad support bowlers is all about New Zealand’s bowling unit.

Fielding:

Both teams are good fielding sides but New Zealand has slight edge over England here.

Toss is very important, whoever will win the toss will bat first,

Final worlds, Go England Go

Shirazi

JMP

shami11

Muhammad Hafeez

BlackSheep

shahidabassi

Navigation